Cauliflower and brussels sprouts are some of my favorite veggies, and garlic, paprika, and coconut aminos only make them better. This dish is flavorful and easy to make -- the perfect fall side-dish!
Garlicky Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1 shishito pepper, diced, seeds removed (or any kind of pepper!)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, avocado oil, ghee, or other healthy fat
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable broth (enough to cover veggies)
1. Heat a dutch oven, saute pan, or braising pan (just make sure whatever pan you use has a lid!) to medium-high heat. Let the oil melt, then add the onion, pepper, and a pinch of sea salt.
2. Saute about three minutes, then add the garlic. Cook for one minute, then add the brussels sprouts and cauliflower.
3. Add the spices and stir well. Then add enough broth to just cover all the veggies. Stir again.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a medium-low simmer. Put the lid on and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the liquid starts to go down too much, add a little broth.
5. Take the lid off and let the broth cook down, about five minutes. The veggies should be soft and delicious! Enjoy!