The perfect snack or appetizer for any occasion, and a Paleo classic!
Serves: 4 to 5
- 1 package sugar-free, naturally raised bacon
- 1 package of medjool dates
- Optional: almonds or pine nuts as filling
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cut each slice of bacon in half, and pit the dates. (You can buy them pitted but they honestly don't taste as good as when they're pitted fresh!)
2. If you're using nuts as filling, stick one nut in each date where the pit was. Then wrap one half of bacon around one date and spear through with a toothpick. Repeat until all the bacon is used up.
3. Arrange the bacon-wrapped dates on a baking tray lined with foil (or, if you like, you can use a rack like the one in the picture for a more even crisp). Bake for 18 to 25 minutes; it really depends on your oven, so check on them frequently.
4. Let cool and serve. Enjoy!