This is my go-to kale recipe! It's quick, easy, and a delicious way to get more dark leafy greens into your meals. The kale is soft but not overdone, and the garlic, mustard, and coconut aminos give it a great flavor. Sometimes I'll double this recipe and have a big batch of kale ready to go for the week.
- 1 bunch of kale (preferably locally grown!)
- 2 cloves of garlic (and feel free to add more if desired!)
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil, avocado oil, or other healthy fat
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Wash and de-stem the kale. I usually just rip them out by hand, but you can also use a knife.
2. Roll up kale and cut into smaller pieces.
3. Add coconut oil to a braising pan or dutch oven. Turn heat to medium.
4. Once the oil has melted, add the garlic. Saute for about one minute.
5. Add kale to the pot. Stir well. Add mustard and coconut aminos and stir to combine.
6. Saute for eight minutes. Stir often. If it starts to stick, add a few tablespoons of water to the pan.
7. Add salt and pepper if you feel like it needs it.